Research Development at MIT is a unit within the Office of the Vice President for Research tasked with strategically leveraging resources to increase MIT's research competitiveness. In particular, Research Development staff work directly with faculty, Institute administration, strategic partners and funders to facilitate research program funding.
Research Development's responsibilities include:
- providing the leadership and coordination necessary for the development of multi-investigator and multi-institutional proposals to support large research initiatives
- overseeing the campus Limited Submission Competitions
- identifying resources, training materials and best practices to support development of future proposals
- working directly with faculty to identify available funding opportunities matching research needs and priorities
- serving as the VPR liaison to the Office of Foundation relations and other entities on and off campus
Contact us if you have questions or we can assist you in securing funding for your research.