MIT’s industry partners are an important component of our research enterprise. Companies who support research at MIT seek knowledge that allows the company to incorporate innovative technologies into its products and services, build new competencies and/or increase productivity. They recognize that MIT is not a contract research organization but conducts research to discover new knowledge and train the next generation of scientists and engineers. Company partners understand that their dollars support research that is:
- Ambitious and highly challenging, with potential for important and long-term impact
- Advances the frontiers of present knowledge
- Complex, which may require multi-disciplinary teams
- Uncertain in its outcomes, yielding unexpected results that require flexible management
- Generates value for both the company and MIT
The MIT Industrial Liaison Program (ILP) is dedicated to creating mutually beneficial relationships between MIT and corporations worldwide. Industry liaisons at ILP work with MIT researchers to define their interests and needs, and recommend industries that are a good fit for interactions.