(Woman Owned, Veteran Owned, Disabled Veteran Owned, Disadvantaged, Historically Black College/Universities or Minority Institution, Hub Zone, Alaskan Native)
We must take the following affirmative steps to ensure Small and Disadvantaged businesses are used when possible:
- Place these qualified businesses on solicitation lists
- Assure that such businesses are solicited when they are potential sources
- Divide total requirement, when economically feasible, into smaller tasks or quantities to permit maximum participation from such businesses
- Establish delivery schedules, where the requirement permits, which encourage such businesses to respond
- Use service and assistance from such organization as SBA, Minority Business Development Agency of the Department of Commerce; and
- Require prime contractors to take the same affirmative steps.
Applicable Uniform Guidance section: 200.321
Letter from ONR: MIT Master Small Business Subcontracting Plan Approval 2020-2023 [PDF]
Contact Ann Julian in VPF if you have questions.