Objective: Assure that accurate amount and source/destination accounts are correctly entered into Kuali Coeus (KC).
- At new award time, review the UR amount and source of funding to confirm that accurate information has been provided in the KC proposal.
- Update RAS about the UR amount and source account, if required, providing documentation of the approval of any previously unapproved sources.
- RAS is responsible for determining the sponsor-approved rate and base and entering the appropriate costing sheets and rates in KC.
- RAS is responsible for entering data in KC describing the plan for funding anticipated UR from approved sources. This data in KC does not generate any transactions in SAP, but does provide information captured in Data Warehouse reports.
- The following reference document provides instructions for entering UR data in KC: RAS F&A Data on Research WBS Elements
Reporting to Sponsors (if required)
If it is necessary to report the UR to the sponsor as a form of cost sharing, the UR amounts and source(s) should be shown by fiscal year on the Cost Sharing screen with a comment on the IDC screen referring the user to Cost Sharing. Any Cost Sharing comments should include instructions to the VPF for making charges to Recoverable Indirect Expense in amounts that equal the UR.