Submit proposals to RAS for contract administrator review and final approval 5 business days before the sponsor due date. (Calculate the RAS due date.)
Other approvals are required before and sometimes after a proposal is submitted to RAS:
Order of Certification and Routing of Proposals
- Principal Investigator, Co-investigators and, in some cases, Key Personnel complete certification process via link in KC.
- Approvals by Department Head or Laboratory/Center Director for:
- Managing unit responsible for the project
- Each co-investigator identified by name in the proposal
- Each faculty member identified by name in the proposal
- Depending on School policy, approvals by the Dean, or Vice President for Research and Associate Provost for laboratories reporting to them
- RAS contract administrator(s) for proposal review and signature by MIT authorizing official. (Calculate when the proposal is due in RAS.)
- (If international program) approval by Vice President for Research and Associate Provost
See Roles and Responsibilities for more detail about each role.