This section contains electronic versions of the most commonly used business forms in Research Administration Services. These forms should be completed and submitted to the Contract Administrator responsible for your unit.
Grant and Contract Administration
- Cost Sharing Template [XLS Form]
- Cost Sharing Template [PDF]
- Template Form for Fellowship Agreements with Non-Federal Sponsors [link to page with document]
- Standard Mutual Non-disclosure Agreement [PDF]
- To request a non-disclosure or data use agreement [website]
- Forms to request New Accounts, New Sponsors, New Subawards, etc [website]
- Service Center Equipment-Replacement Form [website]
- Request Establishment of a New Service Center Form [website]
For forms required for invention disclosures, materials transfer to or from MIT, IP agreements for visiting scientists, and for licenses, contact MIT's Technology Licensing Office [website].
Sponsored Research Agreements for Industrial Sponsors
- Single-sponsor Research Agreement for Industrial Sponsors located inside the USA [website]
- Single-sponsor Research Agreement for Industrial Sponsors located outside the USA [website]
- Best Practices for Industry-University Collaborations [PDF] ( from Sloan Management Review, Summer 2010 Issue)
Reporting and Closeout
When a PI leaves MIT
This Checklist is a tool for Principal Investigators (PIs) and Departments, Labs and Centers (DLC) administrators to assist in ensuring that all pertinent activities are properly closed out and/or transferred for PIs transferring to another institution.