Recent News and Updated Guidance:
November 2018: NRSA stipends increased as of October 1, 2018
August 2018: List of Upcoming NIH Deadlines [PDF]
March 2018: Interim Guidance on Salary Limitation for Grants and Cooperative Agreements FY 2018 - The Executive Level II salary increased to $189,600 effective January 7, 2018. Institutions can rebudget, where appropriate, salaries at the Execute Level II level on existing awards. No additional funds will be provided. NIH will issue additional guidance once the Department of Health and Human Services Appropriations for FY18 is enacted. As in years past, MIT will utilize the new cap starting with the first pay period after notification, March 1, 2018. If you do adjust your salaries, please keep in mind:
- The associated EB and F&A charges will also increase relative to the increase salary costs.
- You should also review your cost sharing templates and make updates as needed.
As a reminder, the salary cap increase must be consistent with the current salary in place and no additional funds will be provided.
January 2017: The new Forms E package will be required for all proposals submitted after January 25, 2017.
NIH News Archive (Check here for older announcements.)
- How to Find NIH PAs and RFAs
- NIH Grant Applications – Checklists and Preparation Guides
- Human Subjects and NIH Proposals