How do I know when to budget as a subaward and when to budget as a vendor?
It is important to understand the distinction between subrecipients and vendors.
- Provide goods and services as part of their normal business operations
- Do not participate in the intellectual direction of the project and, therefore, would not be included as authors on publications.
- Provide similar goods and services to many different purchasers
- Operates in a competitive environment
- Are not subject to compliance requirements